18 December 2007

Anarya's Secret Published

My fantasy novel Anarya's Secret: An Earthdawn Novel was published yesterday. I'll put up more information about it soon, but in the meantime, you can see more details about the book on the Earthdawn site. It's available in e-book, paperback, and hardback formats.

You can now read the novel's Prologue online.

In late 2005, shortly after New Zealand company RedBrick took over the Earthdawn licence from its American originators, they approached me to write a novel set in the Earthdawn universe. And that's what I set out to do. My hope is that Anarya's Secret will work equally well as a novel for those who play the game, and for those who've never heard of it before. You don't need to have played Earthdawn to enjoy this book.

3 comments:

Harvey Molloy said...

Congratulations, Tim. I wonder how many NZ fantasy/SF writers we have? There's you, P.Mann, E. Knox, B. Beckett, M.K. Joseph (I'm thinking of a Soldier's Tale), Maurice Gee, etc. Is there a list somewhere I wonder?

Tim Jones said...

I don't know whether there's a list - but Lyn McConchie and Peter Friend also come to mind as NZ SF authors who've had books or stories published in the US. Keziah Singleton produced a bibliography of NZ SF a few years ago - it's in the Victoria University Library.

Helen Rickerby said...

Congratulations Tim!