04 October 2011

Tuesday Poem: happened to meet

 
happened to meet
fingers extending a welcome
household of tired gods
the table, drinks

then morning.

Birds, coffee, the paper
affirmed you

my hand on your hip
my hand on your breast
my hand on your heart.


Credit note: "happened to meet" is a new poem, first published in my new poetry collection Men Briefly Explained.

You can check out all the Tuesday Poems on the Tuesday Poem Blog - this week's hub poem in the centre of the page, and all the other Tuesday Poems on the right.

5 comments:

Helen Lowe said...

Tim, Another fine poem--but I think the credit note is to an earlier post "Men at Sea"--which of course is featured today on the BooksellersNZ site.:)

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Helen! I knew my reliance on copy-and-paste would catch up with me eventually. Now fixed...

Kathleen Jones said...

Love it Tim!

Novroz said...

Nice poem Tim,short but delivered everything.

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Kathleen and Novroz!